Back to Home
Temples (Gaddian) of Shri Bawa Lal ji in India and Abroad.
After building an Gaddi (Ashram) in Shri Dhianpur Sahib (Tehsil Batala – Distt. Gurdaspur) in Punjab Shri Bawa Lal ji traveled in India and Abroad with their 22 followers (Shishyas). He trvelled Afganistan, Kashmir, Sindh, Punjab, Utter Pardesh, Madhya Pardesh, Gujrat, Nepal, and Delhi provinces of India. While traveling he established 22 Gaddi (Temples). These temples had the idols of Lord Vishnu, Lord Rama, Lord Hanuman ji, Goddess Maa Bhagwati Durga and Lord Krishna. He directed his 22 Shishyas to maintain these Gaddies (temples) in good order and run them for the welfare of mankind and for preaching the ideology of Sanatan Dharma. He appointed his 22 Shishyas in the following 22 Gaddies (Temples).:
Name of the Mahant. Place State
1. Sh. Mahant Gurmukh Dass Ji Shri Dhianpur Sahib Punjab. (Darbar Shri Bawa Lal Ji, Dhianpur (Batala) Distt. Gurdaspur, Punjab)
2. Sh. Mahant Tapa Dass Ji. Datarpur. Punjab. (Thakurdwara Bawa Lal Ji Datarpur-Rampur, Haler Dist. Hoshiarpur, Punjab)
3. Sh. Mahant Ram Dass Ji. Amritsar. Punjab. (Gaddi Bawa Lal Ji, Santokhsar, Amritsar, Punjab)
4. Sh. Mahant Kirpa Ram Ji. Hafizabad Punjab. (Gaddi Bawa Lal Ji - Hafizabad, Dist Gujranwala, Pakistan, now shifted to Nissar Chowk, Panipat, Haryana)
5. Sh. Mahant Sewa Ram Ji. Kalanaur Town Punjab. (Gaddi Bawa Lal Ji - Kalanour, Teh. Dera Baba Nanak, Distt. Gurdaspur, Punjab)
6. Sh. Mahant Jai Ram Dass Ji. Lahore Punjab. (Gaddi Bawa Lal Ji - Lahore, Pakistan)
7. Sh. Mahant Parhalad Ji. Bhikhi (Amritsar) Punjab. (Gaddi Bawa Lal Ji - Bhikhi Distt. Amritsar, Punjab)
8. Sh. Mahant Balmik Ji. Multan Punjab. (Gaddi Bawa Lal Ji - Multan, Pakistan)
9. Sh. Mahant Parmanand Ji. Chanute (Jhang) Punjab. (Gaddi Bawa Lal Ji - Chanute, Distt. Jhang, Pakistan)
10. Sh. Mahant Puran Dass Ji. Bhera (Sargodha) Punjab. (Gaddi Bawa Lal Ji - Bhera Distt. Sargodha, Pakistan, now shifted at Shahbad Markanda, Haryana)
11. Sh. Mahant Premnem Ji. Sankhatra (Gujrat) Punjab. (Gaddi Bawa Lal Ji - Sankhatra, Distt. Gujrat, Pakistan)
12. Sh. Mahant Kushal Kalyan Ji. Chomukh (Multan) Punjab. (Gaddi Bawa Lal Ji - Chomukh, Distt. Multan, Pakistan)
13. Sh. Mahant Bhagat Mukhi Ji. Domeli (Near Delhi) Delhi. (Gaddi Bawa Lal Ji - Domeli, Near Delhi)
14. Sh. Mahant Surtha Nand Ji. Delhi Delhi. (Gaddi Bawa Lal Ji - Delhi)
15. Sh. Mahant Kanshi Ram Ji. Pishawar Punjab. (Gaddi Bawa Lal Ji- Pishawar, Pakistan)
16. Sh. Mahant Murari Dass Ji. Giri Girnar Near Junagarh Gujrat. (Gaddi Bawa Lal Ji - Giri Girnar Distt. Junagarh, Gujarat India)
17. Sh. Mahant Jiwan Dass Ji. Surat Gujrat. (Gaddi Bawa Lal Ji - Surat, Gujarat, India)
18. Sh. Mahant Bithal Dass Ji. Ayodhia. U.P. (Gaddi Bawa Lal Ji - Ayodhiya, U. P.)
19. Sh. Mahant Rangi Ram Ji. Kashi U.P. (Gaddi Bawa Lal Ji - Asi Ghat, Benaras - U. P.)
20. Sh. Mahant Jagdish Dass Ji. Ujjain Madhya Pardesh. (Gaddi Bawa Lal Ji - Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh)
21. Sh. Mahant Yado Ram Ji. Gazni Afganistan. (Gaddi Bawa Lal Ji- Gazni, Afganistan known as Lal Peer)
22. Sh. Mahant Maluk Dass Ji. Kabul Afganistan. (Gaddi Bawa Lal Ji - Kabul, Afganistan known as Lal Peer)
There are Four places where Shri Bawa Lal Ji devout austerity for meeting the Lord Rama. These Places are Kalanur 12 miles from Dhianpur in District Gurdaspur of Punjab, Shri Dhianpur Sahib , Tehsil Batala, Distt. Gurdaspur. 3rd place is Saharanpur in U.P. According to the available record Saharanpur is a Tapodham but has not been given the status of Gaddi.
According to the Bairagi Saint parmpara every saint is supposed to spend four month of Manmas, i.e Sawan, Bhadon, Asooj and Kartika in a isolated place to getting Sidhi. Shri Bawa Lal ji following this practice used to spend these 4 month at a place named Ram Pur Haler, Tehsil Dasuya, Distt. Hoshiarpur. This place is only 50 km away from Shri Dhianpur Sahib. Thus during the span of his 300 years of life he spend about 60 years at this place.
No doubt the name of Saharanpur gaddi is not in the list of the Gaddies published by Shri Mahant Ram Saroop Dass Ji of Gaddi Hafizabadi (now in Pakistan) in his book Lal Leela. But it is very much evident that on this place Shri Bawa Lal ji changed his physical position from an old age to the age of a young one first time and Ganga Maa also from Hardawar for Saharanpur so that his beloved devotee do not have the trouble to come daily from Saharnpur to Hardwar. (Detail will be discussed in the Saharnpur chapter.) The Saharnpur ( U.P.) temple is thus have the status of Tapodham.
Thppodham are more important place in the eyes of the Sewaks.
These importance of all these places will be discussed in a different chapter.
Back to Home